Knifeman Stabs Four Women In Hampton Supermarket Car Park

Fact checked by The People's Voice Community

Four women were stabbed at a supermarket in a leafy neighborhood of London on Friday morning.

One woman is fighting for her life after raising the alarm at 10.45am when a crazed knifeman targeted women at random at Sainsbury’s car park in Hampton, west London.

The Mirror reports:

Scotland Yard confirmed a man in his 60s was arrested at the scene on suspicion of attempted murder.

Officers found three women with knife injuries in the car park and a fourth female victim at a nearby house – and is now fighting for her life in hospital.

The man was arrested in dramatic scenes after a Taser was pulled out but not discharged during a brief stand-off.

One man who managed to flee the scene described how the ‘calm and composed’ knifeman appeared to randomly attack shoppers.

He told the Mirror: “The man was quite calm and carefully handed the knife over to police. He didn’t look like he was drunk or angry, he seemed quite composed.

“He seemed quite cold and calculated and was moving around seemingly at random just going from one person to the next.

“The ladies that were stabbed were just screaming and there was a lot of blood. People were running around terrified.”

The women were stabbed in the chest, legs and back.

Police confirmed the incident is not believed to be terror-related.

An air ambulance was called to the scene and one woman was airlifted to hospital.

The other victims are believed to have been taken to hospital by ambulance.

Eye-witnesses said officers from a nearby police station were on the scene within moments of the attacks after one victim knifed in the back managed to make her way to the station.

A member of staff at the nearby Hampton Pub said the knife man was only targeting women in the unprovoked attack.

The woman, who did not want to be named, told the Mirror: “He was only going for the women. One of the women who was stabbed in the back, I’ve heard she isn’t in a good way at all.

“The rumour going around is that she’s very, very critical – it doesn’t look good.”She was airlifted and taken to Whitechapel hospital.

“It’s terrifying, if it would have happened 20 minutes earlier the car park would have been full of children.

“The car park borders on to Buckingham primary school and just before it happened it was full of mums having a chat with their kids.

“They usually hang around and chat for a while. So if it would have been just a bit earlier, there would have been kids everywere.”

A police statement said: “Police were called at approximately 10:35hrs on Friday, 20 May, to The Avenue in Hampton, Richmond and Twickenham, following reports of a man in possession of a knife.

“Officers attended and discovered three women suffering from knife wounds.

“The London Ambulance Service also attended and are providing treatment to the women.

“Their conditions are not thought to be life-threatening or changing at this time.

“A fourth woman who had also suffered knife wounds was subsequently located at a nearby property. She has been taken to hospital where her condition at this stage is thought to be life-threatening.

“A man in his 60s was arrested at the scene on suspicion of attempted murder and is currently in custody at a south-west London police station.

“A TASER was deployed during his arrest; but it was not discharged. At this early stage, the incident is not believed to be terror-related.”

Edmondo Burr
About Edmondo Burr 3498 Articles
BA Economics/Statistics CEO