CNN Threatens To Shut Down Pro-Trump Accounts Who Cover Presidential Debate

Fact checked by The People's Voice Community
CNN threatens to shut down pro-Trump accounts who cover the presidential debate on social media.

CNN has threatened to shut down independent media and pro-Trump social media accounts who cover the upcoming 2024 Presidential debate on Thursday.

CNN’s legal teams say they are on standby to silence voices on social media who dare to use any of CNN’s live broadcast of the debate.

Thegatewaypundit.com reports: This revelation comes after CNN’s Kasie Hunt abruptly cut off Trump’s spokeswoman, Karoline Leavitt, after she brought up Jake Tapper’s history of comparing Trump to Hitler and told people to “Google ‘Jake Tapper Donald Trump.’”

It’s not enough to turn off President Trump’s microphone or to cut off spokespersons in interviews.

Jesse Watters compared this move to slapping a gag order on the Trump campaign. “We knew Trump’s mic would be muted during the debate, but we didn’t know his campaign’s mic would be muted before it,” said Watters.

It appears they took a page or two out of the Democrat playbook regarding gag orders and reaching out to social media companies and YouTube to censor conservatives.

According to Tim Pool, the far-left YouTube contacted him, stating that CNN is not allowing live commentary on the debate and that “they are asking other networks who are doing the exact same thing to abide by certain restrictions.”

Per Voz:

CNN alleges that its request has more to do with image rights than anything else. In the preceding presidential election, Fox also sought to sue those who used its live broadcast to comment on the debate on internet platforms, though it eventually dropped the legal battle.

Tim Pool assured this Monday that what the television network really wants is that “no one breaks its narrative.” The commentator assures that preventing communicators like him from doing live monitoring of the debate with commentary and fact-checking is an attack against the basic principles of civic and democratic participation.

“Now, of course, as with all presidential debates,” Pool assured in a video on his channel, “that is the epitome of civic responsibility, of civic participation. We will be doing live commentary and fact-checking in this presidential debate, as we have done in all the others since the program has existed,” he added.

Watch below:

Tim Pool: I received a message from YouTube last week asking to hop on a phone call to discuss the RNC and the presidential cycle, and I said, sure. I briefly spoke with some individuals at YouTube earlier today who made it clear that CNN reached out expressing concern. I don’t know the full extent, but making it known that YouTube better contact their news programs over the CNN debate.

Now of course, like all presidential debates, which is the epitome of civic responsibility—of civic participation, we will provide live commentary and fact checking on this presidential debate, as we have done for every other, so long as this show has been around. In a show of good faith, YouTube asked me to reach out to CNN to see if there was anything that they would be looking for in this regard because apparently, they are asking other networks who are doing the exact same thing to abide by certain restrictions.

And I said, Okay, I’ll reach out, to which the immediate response was something along the lines of confirming we will not allow anyone on YouTube to use this outside of, you know, CNN granting certain platforms– basically saying, you can’t do this. And my response immediately was commentary on Presidential Debates is the epitome of fair use. Hope that helps.

This Thursday will be particularly interesting. I think that news is big! I can’t really put that succinctly in 80 characters for a YouTube headline, but this is massive that CNN is pulling this move. We saw something similar that Fox News had done; Fox had filed several takedowns on various shows, including ours, but they abandoned their copyright claims, because this is unquestionably fair use.

We have the two people running for the president of this country, one of them the current president, and we’re going to fact check, and we’re going to comment, and we’re going to call them out in real time. If we can’t do that, if no one else can, then that’s severely limiting civic participation, and it’s allowing a biased network that in the past has likened Trump to Hitler to control who can and cannot fact check this man. And as we know, with special rules for this debate, they are seeking to control that narrative. And I believe that is exactly why they reached out to YouTube and why YouTube reached out to me because they don’t want anyone to break their narrative. That’s the dirty game they’re playing. It’s going to be a fun Thursday.

Sean Adl-Tabatabai
About Sean Adl-Tabatabai 17997 Articles
Having cut his teeth in the mainstream media, including stints at the BBC, Sean witnessed the corruption within the system and developed a burning desire to expose the secrets that protect the elite and allow them to continue waging war on humanity. Disturbed by the agenda of the elites and dissatisfied with the alternative media, Sean decided it was time to shake things up. Knight of Joseon (https://joseon.com)