Hundreds of angry protesters have stormed the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea council demanding justice for victims of the Grenfell Tower fire.
At least thirty people died in the blaze with scores unaccounted for.
The obedient media under a belligerent Tory government are waging a war on ethnic minorities at home and abroad.
The BBC reported Saturday that police seek witnesses who might have resided at the west London tower block for information, even if they happen to be “illegal immigrants.”
BYPASS THE CENSORS
Sign up to get unfiltered news delivered straight to your inbox.
Prime Minister Theresa May while meeting with victims at a local church was heckled with yells of “shame on you.”
Some local residents believe the tower block was deliberately targeted for accidental destruction to pave way for new housing in the Tory dominated London borough. It could set the trend for prime London real estate to change hand from Labor to Tory voters, and in the process get rid of socialist ideologies which provide for free housing, health, pension, etc..
Russia Today reports:
Protesters chanting “we want justice” stormed the entrance of a local town hall in London on Friday after a deadly fire at a block of flats killed at least 30 people, Reuters reporters at the scene said.
The protesters made their way through an automatic door at the local Kensington and Chelsea town hall.
As the protesters sought to gain entry to an upper floor, police tried to bar their way. A scuffle broke out.
The protesters chanted “We want justice” and “bring them out.”
People feel the media are helping minimise the figures and are chanting “don’t trust the media” pic.twitter.com/wj1M3hNyio
— Ιman | ايمان (@ImaniAmrani) June 16, 2017
Sky News reports hundreds of people have joined the protest outside Kensington Town Hall.
Members of the media report they are being targeted by angry members of the public. It appears police have attempted to escort council workers from the town hall.
Officers on horseback are watching from a short distance away.
As the protests continued, Theresa May met with residents, victims and community leaders who live near the tower block. Afterwards, the prime minister’s car was chased by protesters unhappy with the government’s response to the tragedy.
May’s office confirmed Friday that the government was pledging £5 million ($6.39 million) of support in the form of housing guarantees and help with access to cash and bank accounts.
“The package of support I’m announcing today is to give the victims the immediate support they need to care for themselves and for loved ones. We will continue to look at what more needs to be done,” May said in a statement.
Shocking scenes as Theresa May bundled into a car by police amid fury from the pushing crowd
— Krishnan Guru-Murthy (@krishgm) June 16, 2017
Protesters have been demanding to know the true number of people who died in the fire in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
The council and police have said they are unable to provide the figure amid claims information is being held back.
Protest organiser Mutsafa Mansour outlined the protesters’ demands outside the town hall. They include a written commitment from the council that all those affected by the fire will be rehoused and relocated within the borough.
He also demanded the immediate release of funds to cover the loss and welfare of the victims.
It is unconscionable for #Greenfell fire victims to be rehoused outside their borough and community. Council & Govnt must guarantee this now
— David Lammy (@DavidLammy) June 16, 2017
Mansour also said the council had been asked to provide a list of all the people who lived in the tower block, but had replied that it was unable to.
The leader of the protest called on all those outside the Town Hall to stay where they are until the council gives a satisfactory response.
His request was followed by chants of “we want justice.“
Latest posts by Edmondo Burr (see all)
- Police Arrest Suspect In Supermarket Baby Food Poisoning - October 1, 2017
- Seoul Secures Data From Electromagnetic Interference By N Korea - September 30, 2017
- The ‘World’s First Internet War’ Has Begun: Julian Assange - September 30, 2017