Pufferfish, also known as blowfish contain a toxin called tetrodotoxin, just 1 to 2 milligrams of which can be lethal. Eleven individuals from the same family have been hospitalized after unknowingly eating the world’s deadliest fish for dinner.
Pufferfish, also known as blowfish contain a substance called tetrodotoxin, just a small consumption of which can be lethal. Eleven individuals from the same family have been hospitalized after unknowingly eating the world’s deadliest fish for dinner.
BYPASS THE CENSORS
Sign up to get unfiltered news delivered straight to your inbox.
The relatives from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, were gifted the pufferfish by a friend who had returned from a sea fishing outing. The blowfish was cooked and served.
Seconds after the victims tasted it, they all started to vomit. They also couldn’t feel their faces, legs and arms.
Most of the family members were paralyzed before they were transported to the hospital. Grandmother Maria do Carmo had watched everyone sample the meal, as she was waiting to see how it tasted.
She commented “We had no idea it was a pufferfish. They’re all in a critical condition. My grandson, my daughter, and my son-in-law, they are all in hospital. We’re praying for a miracle.”
The victims reportedly include four children, aged between three and five years old. There is no official cure for those who ingest the paralyzing toxin, but patients are often put on life support and given charcoal to bind the poison.
Pufferfish is considered a delicacy in Japan, but it must be prepared by chefs who trained for three years.
Latest posts by Royce Christyn (see all)
- Government Op Who Predicted Super Bowl Score Warns Of Nuclear War - February 18, 2017
- Video: Why Voting Doesn’t Change Anything & Democracy Is A Lie - May 7, 2016
- Did Bible Verse Predict String of Recent Quakes, Volcano, & Foam? - April 17, 2016