Two Women Accuse GCHQ Spy Of Rape

Fact checked

A spy working at the heart of Britain’s security services at GCHQ has been accused of rape by two women who also accuse the police of not taking their allegations seriously.

The Mirror reports:

The spook’s first alleged victim, who met him through a dating website, today say detectives TWICE failed to act over her accusations – even after the second woman, who worked with him at the top secret GCHQ base, had come forward.

The man was never even arrested.

And in a further twist the intelligence expert was SACKED by his spy bosses after child porn was found on his computer.

But he was reinstated three months later – after police again dropped the case.

These shocking details have only emerged because the first alleged victim, who has a child by the spy, had a dramatic confrontation with him in a civil court.

She has also complained to the ­Independent Police Complaints ­Commission over her dealings with officers in Gloucestershire, where the ­Government’s top secret listening post is based.

She told the Sunday Mirror: “It seems like this man is untouchable because he works for GCHQ. I don’t feel any of the claims against him have ever been properly investigated by the police.

“There must be a full enquiry, and I am intending to sue the police over the damage this has caused.”

The Gloucestershire force has confirmed the women’s disturbing claims are being investigated.

And a spokesman also confirmed that in 2010 “a 28-year-old man” had been “arrested on suspicion of making obscene images of children” but was “later released without charge”.

The intelligence worker at the centre of the scandal cannot be named for legal reasons. But he is the son of a wealthy British businessman and was educated at one of the UK’s leading universities.

Every morning he is picked up by a private bus at his home and taken the few miles to the GCHQ building in Cheltenham.

Despite his job involving national security, he has a ­Facebook page using his real name and photograph.

The first woman, now in her 30s, met him in 2010 through the Plenty Of Fish dating site.

She says he told her he worked at GCHQ during their first meeting and that she stayed at his home that night.

The pair saw each other over several months and the woman lived with him. She got pregnant, but the relationship fell apart.

The woman went to police alleging a physical assault by the spy. During the interview, she claimed he raped her.

In her written complaint to the IPCC last month, which we have seen, she says: “It took a while to pluck up the courage to tell them about the sexual abuse I suffered and all that went on the household whilst I lived with him.

“The police were having none of it. They refused to take my statement.”

At around the same time, the spy was sacked when child porn was found on his laptop during a check at work. His security clearance was revoked and he lost his job during a police investigation.

But his claim that it had been planted on his machine was believed and he was reinstated in December 2010.

Three years later a colleague of the spy, also in her 30s, went to Gloucester Police alleging she had been abused and raped by him while they were in a relationship in 2012. Again no criminal proceedings were taken against him.

The first woman said in her IPCC letter: “She also says the police failed to take her accusations seriously.

“We did not know of each other over the times of the assaults.”

When she found out about the second alleged victim, the first woman went back to police in 2014 and this time was allowed to give a video recorded statement about the alleged 2010 rape.

“I had no idea it would take four years for them to finally listen to me,” the woman told the IPCC.

“But (the spy) was only ever voluntarily interviewed, never arrested, for both victims. The Crown Prosecution Service was never informed of these crimes.” In both cases, he was only given a harassment warning – the equivalent of a caution. Details about the allegations against the spy were made public at a hearing at Gloucester County Court last October. This week we obtained an official transcript of the hearing.

Read more:


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.