- More than a third of David Cameron’s cabinet attended a fee paying school
- A pressure group has urged the fast-tracking of disadvantaged students
- Britain’s elite still goes to Eton before attending Oxbridge, claims report
- Only seven percent of the population has been privately educated
‘Britain is still ‘deeply elitist’, with privately-educated pupils and Oxbridge graduates continuing to dominate the top roles in society, a new report warns.
Many of the nation’s judges, politicians, armed forces chiefs, journalists, TV executives and public officials attended fee-paying schools before studying at Oxford and Cambridge.
BYPASS THE CENSORS
Sign up to get unfiltered news delivered straight to your inbox.
The Social Mobility and Child Poverty Commission is calling for disadvantaged students from less prestigious universities to be fast-tracked into leading professions to correct the bias.’
Latest posts by Niamh Harris (see all)
- California City Wants To Grant Illegal Immigrants The Right to Vote - October 1, 2023
- Blair, Macron & Starmer Have ‘Secret Plans To Reverse Brexit’ - October 1, 2023
- British Taxpayers Are Paying £8 Million A Day To House Migrants In Hotels - October 1, 2023