Mark Cuban says Donald Trump shows no signs of being a billionaire.
The billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks, Mark Cuban, says the real estate mogul can barely scrape a few hundred million dollars together to fund his presidential campaign.
His comments came after the Federal Election Commission (FEC), the regulatory body responsible for U.S. campaign finance legislation, released a report on Tuesday.
BYPASS THE CENSORS
Sign up to get unfiltered news delivered straight to your inbox.
Business Pundit reports:
The report shows a dismal campaign-finance report from the presumptive Republican nominee.
“If @realDonaldTrump were fractionally as rich as he says he is, he would write a $200 [million] check to propel his campaign,” Cuban tweeted. “He doesn’t have the cash.”
The release shows that the GOP nominee raised just over $3 million in his first month since becoming the presumptive GOP nominee. He maintained $1.3 million in cash on hand at the end of the month.
Presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton raised $28 million in May through the campaign and its “victory fund,” finishing the month with $42.5 million on hand.
If @realDonaldTrump were fractionally as rich as he says he is,he would write a$200mm check to propel his campaign. He doesn’t have the cash
— Mark Cuban (@mcuban) June 21, 2016
When Donald Trump first announced that he was running for President, Cuban said he was toying with the idea of becoming his Vice Presidential running mate. Since that time Cuban said he would likely accept the same role for Hillary Clinton.
The star of ABC’s “Shark Tank,” and owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks said earlier in the month that it’s “it’s not even close” as to who has more in liquid assets between the two.
Cuban recently questioned if Donald Trump is really even a billionaire as he claims to be.
Latest posts by Edmondo Burr (see all)
- Police Arrest Suspect In Supermarket Baby Food Poisoning - October 1, 2017
- Seoul Secures Data From Electromagnetic Interference By N Korea - September 30, 2017
- The ‘World’s First Internet War’ Has Begun: Julian Assange - September 30, 2017